The European Society for Movement analysis in Adults and Children (ESMAC) is calling for expressions of interest to host the 33rd ESMAC Annual Meeting in 2025 and the 34th ESMAC Annual Meeting in 2026.
The ESMAC Annual Meeting takes place within one week, from Monday till Saturday, preferably between the 2nd and the 4th week of September. The main Meeting (Thu-Sat) anticipates 250 – 400 delegates with approximately 100 additional participants in the Gait course (Mon-Wed) and 150 participants in half-day seminars (Tue-Wed). The Local Organiser will have the support of ESMAC’s Professional Conference Organiser (PCO).
- Convention centre (venue): to favour University premises especially for the gait course and seminars.
- Ability to host up to 600 delegates and exhibitors.
- Availability of a plenary hall that can accommodate at least 500 delegates.
- Availability of at least one room to accommodate parallel sessions with number of seats ranging from 150 to 200.
- Suitable exhibition space.
- At least 5 smaller meeting rooms for at least 40 persons to be used for the Gait Course and Seminars.
- Catering options
- Suitable hotel accommodation providing up to 400 rooms across a range of prices.
- Accessibility of the airport with good connections to all major European and international destinations.
- Named members of the Local Organising Committee including the Chairperson.
Applicants should make sure that ESMAC values are respected: open mindedness, scientific excellence, transparency, and eco-friendliness.
Deadline to submit proposals: 30th of May 2023
Interested parties should submit a proposal via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should not exceed 2 pages (A4 format). Please include any attachments that are relevant to the application. All expressions of interest received by the closing date will be considered. Received expressions of interest will be carefully reviewed by the ESMAC Executive Board and the PCO (Professional Conference Organizer).
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to make a presentation at the next ESMAC Board Meeting (date to be confirmed yet). Detailed information for preparing such presentations will be given at a later stage.
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the ESMAC Secretariat via e-mail.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!