The Institute for Health Sciences is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated researcher for a 3 years research project in the field of gait and exercise biomechanics. Within a funded project, the „Laboratory for Capturing Motion and Augmenting Environment in Rehabilitation“ (ReMoCapLab), a gait and motion analysis laboratory will be set up at the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences. This laboratory will hold a close cooperation to other research fields such as Machine Learning, Visual Analytics und Mixed Reality. Beginning with November 2018 we are seeking for an ambitious
Junior Researcher (m/f)
- Assistance in planning, initial installation, maintenance and running of a 3D gait analysis laboratory
- Evaluation of biomechanical data
- Communicational interface between the gait analysis team and the engineers of the project
- Collaboration and administration of work packages
- Assistance in project organization
- Able to write and prepare scientific publications independently
- Able to support in writing new research project proposals
- To a minor extent, support in teaching
- Our ideal candidate should hold a Master’s degree in sports science, physiotherapy, biomechanics, clinical engineering or similar.
- Experience in 3D gait analysis is an advantage (preferred with Vicon Nexus)
- Experience in programming (Matlab or Python) and high affinity to statistical analysis or high motivation to learn those skills on your own
- Excellent skills in scientific working
- Knowledge of spoken and written English (ability to write scientific texts in English)
- Motivation and interest to work in the fields of physiotherapy, biomechanics and movement analysis
- Organisational skills, motivated and self-contained working style, the ability to work in teams
On offer is a temporary position (20 h/week) until 31/10/2021 in the dynamic environment of an ambitious and achievement-oriented University of Applied Sciences.
The minimum gross salary for this position, which is financed by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency FFG (ReMoCap-Lab), is € 2,550 /month (on the basis of 40 h/week). Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible. We attach great importance to diversity and equal opportunities. This position is suitable for qualified persons with disabilities.
Application deadline: 02/09/2018
You may apply online (application form in German) or send your application to: email@example.com