We are looking for a sports scientist or bio engineer at the gait lab, Rummelsberg hospital
either as a temporary, part-time staff or permanent, full-time technical head, starting 1st July 2021.
Your position entails the following
• Discussing indications with our medical staff
• Performing movement and gait analyses (kinematics, kinetics, EMG, pedobarography)
• Evaluating the measurement results of both marker-based and markerless gait analysis
• Presenting the results in the department‘s interdisciplinary findings conference
• Support and collaboration in ongoing research projects
• Master’s degree in sports science, biomechanics or comparable
• Interest in the field of movement analysis and working with patients
• Positive and confident appearance
• Polite and open manner with patients and relatives
• Knowledge of common computer programmes is required (e.g. MS Office)
• Good knowledge of German
• Previous experience in the field of gait analysis
That is why we are your first choice
As one of the largest healthcare providers in Germany, Sana has various business units (healthcare, hospital services and health) and cares for around 2.2 million patients every year according to the highest quality standards. More than 35,500 employees at over 54 locations already place their trust in us. They all benefit from a working environment with varied challenges and plenty of room for personal initiative. At Sana, you can develop your own areas of specialisation as well as build up an interdisciplinary network.
Krankenhaus Rummelsberg, which is run by Sana Kliniken AG, has 335 beds and is located south-east of Nuremberg. As a teaching hospital of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, it is known far beyond the borders of the metropolitan region of Nuremberg-Fürth-Erlangen in the specialist areas of orthopaedics and trauma surgery (185 beds), neurology (60 beds), internal medicine (30 beds) and geriatric rehabilitation (60 beds). The gait lab is equipped with an 8-camera (2.0 MP @ 100 Hz) Simi Reality Motion System, 2 force plates (AMTI, OR6-7- 2000), 12 channel EMG (Noraxon) and radio EMG (Noraxon). Both marker-based and markerless (Simi-Shape) gait analyses are performed. The gait laboratory is integrated into the department for pediatric orthopaedic surgery and neuroorthopaedics.
Do you have any questions in advance?
The chief physician of the department,
Dr. med. Michael Wachowsky, will be happy to answer them:
+49 (0) 9128 5043240
Please send your application to:
See more info here.